How to Install LCD Screen in PC Case?
by Perfect Tech Reviewers
Why should I Install an LCD Screen in a PC Case?
Installing an LCD screen in a PC case is not compulsory, and if you do not want to spend extra bucks, there is no reason to do so. However, there can be many reasons why people love it so much.
An LCD screen gives you a million ways to accessorize your PC or PC case, to be more specific. You can put anything on it and change it anytime you want. Moreover, people love to display their favorite characters on it to make their PC case look the coolest. You can also display wallpapers on a loop on your LCD screen.
Another reason is that it can give you the status of your system. For instance, it can tell you system performance, fans speed, and temperature and easily monitor its performance. Moreover, you can make adjustments to system performance by using it.
Additionally, gaming enthusiasts love this device to monitor the in-game statistics and system performance. It is also known as ‘gaming displays’ and ‘system monitors.’
How to Install LCD Screen in PC Case?
The first step before attempting to install an LCD in your PC case is to ensure your PC case and LCD screen are compatible. Read the documentations that come with it and ensure the connectors’ type and quantity match. Moreover, you can also check the manufacturer’s websites for the requirements.
Installing an LCD screen in your PC case can differ for different LCD and PC cases. But some general steps can be applied to almost all of them. Therefore, let me give you a step-by-step guide on installing an LCD screen in a PC case.
● First, before anything else, you must open the front panel of your PC case. You must unscrew the screws or latches or remove the clips to open the case. Do it carefully, and keep the screws safe because you will need them.
● Next, inside your PC case, find an appropriate open slot for attaching the screen. This is your choice, but be sure not to overlap components over each other.
● Please look inside the packaging of your screen; you will find some mounting materials like brackets to mount the LCD screen onto the case. Then carefully put the LCD screen in the slot and align it properly.
● Then, it would be best if you connected all the cables now. For instance, connect the power cable of the LCD to the PSU inside the case, connect the LCD video cable to the graphics card, and connect the USB and audio cables, etc.
● Now, close the PC case using the screws and latches removed initially.
● Finally, turn on your PC to check that the LCD screen works properly. You must configure all the screen settings and install drivers or software the LCD needs to function properly.
Drivers and Software Needed for LCD Screen to Function
The type of drivers and software that LCD screen requires depends upon your screen’s model and manufacturing company and its usage. For instance, if you want to use it only for aesthetic purposes and want to only display cool wallpapers on it, you do not need any extra software or driver.
The LCD screen will have everything built-in that it would need for displaying wallpapers. Moreover, you can display or change the wallpaper on your desktop.
Additionally, the installed screens for information such as checking the system’s performance or fans’ speed or temperatures would require software to communicate with the hardware sensor in your PC. Moreover, your LCD screen manufacturers or PC components like motherboard manufacturers will provide you with this software and drivers.
In short, installing an LCD screen can be a convenient option for computer enthusiasts to keep a check on their system performance. Moreover, it can be used to make your PC setup aesthetically pleasant. Anyone can easily install it by following the above method and reading the manufacturer’s documents that come with it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why are LCD screens in PC cases popular among gamers?
Gamers love installing LCD screens in their PC cases for convenience, as it helps them monitor the system’s performance and make the necessary adjustments.